Re: Web Dock Rail line

G'day David

david wrote:

> They could always  build a bridge  across from the existing Maribyong river
> freight line, with a swing section. Then continune under the westgate bridge to
> the old line.
>
> regards,
> David Head

Their is one major problem with that ideal, It is a Major Shipping Channel.
I don't think Victorian Channel Authority, Melbourne Port Corporation,
Skill Maritime Service, Howard Smith Towage Service & all International
World Shipping Service, won't permit swing bridge being builded at that
location.
The bridge height at location would have to be at  54 metre AHD.

Yours Sincerely
Captain W.J.Somerville