Re: shepp snippetts

Roderick Smith wrote in message <01bec438$566f4ce0$552d11cb@rodsmith>...
>Now that there is a poster from Shepparton:
>What has happened to the Kyabram superphosphate traffic?
>Is it still running (presumably as trip working from Shepparton), or has it
>vanished?
>
>--
>Regards
>Roderick Smith
>Rail News Victoria Editor

Not about Shepparton, but it should be the same.
After several months of heavy Super haulage [26400 tonnes], we are now not
hauling any to Wodonga.
Reasons are that the farmers fertilise before the rains, and hope to have
the crops in and germinating, whilst the Tractors can still get into the
paddocks.Wodonga stockpile is starting to go down a little now, and we
should be carting smaller loads very soon again. Super is very seasonal.
            In case you are interested, Freight Victoria is due to start
running daily wheat trains out of NSW soon, I believe that silos in The
Rock, Henty and Junee have been extended and are being operated by a new
company into a new Facility at Melbourne Docks.
            We hear that Pine 25,000 tonnes is to go from Wodonga to the
docks soon, but no details. Bunge are building extensions to the Albury
Mill, and the BG rail loop is to be reinstalled, so we can expect tonnage
from there.
Ettamoga Paper Mills have just taken over a contract from New Zealand
involving speciality paper to China. CRT are shipping about 6x 40'
containers on their train each week. CRT are rather excited by the work they
are picking up.
            There is more, but I cant think of it now, must continue. Think
Wodonga is going to boom soon.
VLSX louvers are being transferred from Tottenham Yard to Wodonga for
storage, received 11 today and another 36 coming.
seems that the road near Tottenham B box is classed by VicTrack as
mainline[???] and they are charging Freight Victoria Rent??...or on the
other hand, new Points are being constructed, and rail is being stacked. We
think that Tottenham is being redesigned by the new owners, and SG arrival
yards are being built to fix a major congestion problem at North Dynon. So
maybe they are clearing space to do this.
Rod