Re: Flat Wheels in Sydney

David Johnson wrote:

> Daniel Nightingale wrote:
>
> > Are you referring to track maintenance or service maintenance of the wheels
> > themselves. I was under the impression that Maintrain at Auburn carried out
> > all of the wheel maintenance and bogie exchange. Someone willing to throw a
> > little light on this, Dave?
>
> They can do bogie exchanges at Maintrain, but normally all lathework is done at
> DELEC.  Flemington used to have a lathe, but I have heard that it is getting
> replaced.  I wouldn't personally send my trains to Maintrain to get fixed.
> There was a train the other day where the driver noticed the brake shoes were
> not touching the wheels at one end of the car, but the Brake Cylinder was not
> isolated.  Further investigation found that the carriage was straight out of
> Maintrain, but the brake cylinder had been disconnected from the brake rigging.
>
> --
> David Johnson

I don't think any one really knows what Mainpain does. Not even them.
Picture this: Taxi to main train to pick up train. Full prep by both driver and
guard all seems to be OK. Put master controller in notch one, train moves and the
pans fall off.

Yet another triumph by Maintrain incorporating "Spinners team of tradesmen" and
"Jims lawn moing".

Perhaps they need to research Rasputinism?

rgds