Re: Flat Wheels in Sydney

Daniel Nightingale wrote:

> Are you referring to track maintenance or service maintenance of the wheels
> themselves. I was under the impression that Maintrain at Auburn carried out
> all of the wheel maintenance and bogie exchange. Someone willing to throw a
> little light on this, Dave?

They can do bogie exchanges at Maintrain, but normally all lathework is done at
DELEC.  Flemington used to have a lathe, but I have heard that it is getting
replaced.  I wouldn't personally send my trains to Maintrain to get fixed.
There was a train the other day where the driver noticed the brake shoes were
not touching the wheels at one end of the car, but the Brake Cylinder was not
isolated.  Further investigation found that the carriage was straight out of
Maintrain, but the brake cylinder had been disconnected from the brake rigging.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard