Re: Flat Wheels in Sydney

In article <377B2C1B.856CF9C8@smartchat.net.au>,
Rod Gayford  <rjaygee@smartchat.net.au> wrote:
>They have never really sorted out the computerised braking system on Tangaras. Some I have travelled
>on (most days) have really bad flats. Once I was amazed we got to our destination as the flat was
>actually vibrating the particular car. Yes, most Tangarras have flats.

 The lack of tread brakes also means that the flats just get worse and are
not 'rubbed' off.
 Disk brakes also tend to grab better, thus are more prone to wheel lockups.
The ABS brakes are supposed to stop lockups from happening, and often to,
until the driver decides they dont like the increased braking distance caused
by the ABS and start driving in a manner to defeat it. (Either by turning it
off or just braking in emergency....)

 Given that the flats dont wear off, it would only take a small percentage of
drivers to stuff a significant portion of the fleets wheels.