Re: Very smoky XPT

David Proctor (daproc@spam_this.umpires.com) wrote:
> David Bromage wrote in message <77bbgs$b8h$3@news.mel.aone.net.au>...

> >But in theory you could do it without a driving trailer. The Dubbo XPT was
> >running 1+4 early last year, turning the XP at Dubbo. The same could be
> >done at Canberra.

> But Dubbo has a triangle reasonably close to the station, to enable this to
> be done with a minimum of fuss - how would you do this at Canberra?

Yes, I'm aware of the problem of having to run to Queanbeyan to turn. In
the absence of driving trailers, perhaps only the more heavily patronised
6.50 up and 18.14 down services could be worked by an XPT.

Or even better with driving trailers after Speedrail starts
6.50 Canberra - Sydney, 7.43 Sydney - Cooma, 14.30 Cooma - Sydney, 18.14
Sydney - Canberra.

Cheers
David