Re: Attention: PAUL HOGAN

Hi Tom,

suggest you join ARHS and subscribe to our magazines. Most of that
data is available from those sources. You have to read the articles in
the magazines and pick out the data you want. It will take research
skills but will usually give accurate results.

There are many ARHS web sites available at Rail Page Australia
http://www.railpage.org.au/

If you are working for a potential rail operator, surely they have
checked with the track authorities to determine crossing loop lengths
and rail gradient profiles to determine loads possible??   Timetables
are also determined by checking with the track authorities; Timetables
for freight operations during passenger peak periods are usually filed
in the "funny basket" ie you sit in a siding watching the evening
passengers go past!! Another funny timetable situation is in western
Victoria where the big shot rail interstaters go real slow on poor
track as the government has given the money to the road transport
lobby instead!

Suggest a read of back copies of the ARHS mags. Buy a few! Also an
extremely enjoyable pastime!!

Cheers
Peter Cokley