Re: The stupidity of passengers.

Passengers are CUSTOMERS! I think you are talking about the stupidity of a few vandals and
idiots. If railway managers are not protecting customers (and staff, come to that!)against
the depradations of these unwelcome types, then they are not doing their job properly.

Too many of the postings in this thread seem to take a somewhat contemptuous,
condescending tone towards customers - as indeed used to occur in New Zealand. Roll on
privatisation, and some proper attention to commercial and social realities.

Bill