Re: Ticket Machines in Melbourne - Again

I have just returned from a holiday in Melbourne, so at long last have seen "the
machines". They seem to me to be a near-total ballsup! I got the clear impression
that over the Xmas-New Year period the only fools stuffing coins into the machine
on the trams were foreigners. The locals seemed to be riding for free - so there
is a serious revenue collection problem in my view.

A lot of people seem to be pushing invalid tickets into the green box. It makes a
very soft beep if the ticket is invalid, and noone takes any notice............

It is a real nuisance for the visitor to Melbourne not to be able to buy a day
ticket on the trams. Even if you had to pay for it in coins (so that the note
readers did not have to be put on every tram), surely the day ticket could have
been an option?

I was interested to hear some of the freeloading locals whine about not having
conductors. I do not understand why. Horrid little troglodytes, many of them. Must
have cost a fortune to employ, and not a lot of value in return.

Contract the running of the trams out to Stagecoach, and look for improvements!

Bill