Re: 3801 Ltd new "gin"

Robert Harris wrote in message <368F4042.921F455@fastlink.com.au>...
>I had a few hours of during my shift the other day at ACDEP. I came across
3801 LTD's new water gin which was an oil tanker by the look of it.
>Thinking back to shunting school a question formed: Liquid tankers must
only be moved if they are totally full or totally empty or by special order
from some officer.( I forget the title) I thought that the purpose of a
water gin was to fill the tender of an engine as it goes along its journey
i.e. train goes to a point, tender becomes 3/4 full for example, the gin
fills the tender, train goes further, refill so on and so on. How can this
new gin be used this way if it is basically a tanker? Are there mods to the
original design?

>AND
>
>What is wrong with the other water gins 3801 LTD has???
>
>rgds

The gin to which you refer is indeed a former petroleum tanker. It has been
modified and is accredited for use as a water carrier. This smaller gin
carries sufficient water for The Cockatoo Run operation and has a lighter
tare

The former gins have expired by effluxion of time (worn out). We have our
eyes on another vehicle.

Geoff Lillico
Office Manager
3801 Limited