3801 Ltd new "gin"

I had a few hours of during my shift the other day at ACDEP.
I came across 3801 LTD's new water gin which was  an oil tanker by the
look of it.
Thinking back to shunting school a question formed: Liquid tankers must
only be moved if they are totally full or totally empty or by special
order from some officer.( I forget the title)

I thought that the purpose of a water gin was to fill the tender of an
engine as it goes along its journey i.e. train goes to a point, tender
becomes 3/4 full for example, the gin fills the tender, train goes
further, refill so on and so on.

How can this new gin be used this way if it is basically a tanker? Are
there mods to the original design?

AND

What is wrong with the other water gins 3801 LTD has???

rgds