Re: GEs for Victoria?

>themselves.
>
>Getting rid of the remaining S, X and A class locos would mean about 20-25
>new locos to replace them. If they were built by Clyde, I would expect a
>double ended bg version of the Westrail Q class (looking like a Westrail
>S). If they were Goninan, maybe a double ended version of the NR.
>
>Cheers
>David
Why double ended?  Out with the old and in with the new!  Yanks dont use
double ended cab locos, so why would they here?  If they want us to operate
P or X long end, driver only....we will, just ask the TasRail boys.
Union you say!...what union?  We had a union, it was called AFULE, but it is
no longer!
The PTU is a derivative of the ARU. In general  ex-ARU traffic types dont
pay their dues, so the ex-AFULE types now pay about 4X what they did, and
the ex-ARU who do pay, pay about half that. No money coming in, and no money
to match Kennett's expensive Barristers, so like I said...no union!
Rod