Re: Sandringham train cuts due to City Link

David Guymer wrote:
> The reason that the service is being reduced is so they can run trains.
> With the Cremorne st.(??) bridge being re-decked, the only way they can do
> this is single line working from Elsternwick to South Yarra. This takes
> about 12 minutes each way, add some time for trains travelling in the wrong
> direction towards level crossings, Time for the pilotman to change ends at
> South Yarra and Elstenwick and you get a result that the best that could be
> done is to run a train every 35 minutes. If you wanted more transport I
> guess that they can give you a bus service instead.

Yep, point taken.
But there's two lines; I'm sure by using both lines and doing one as a
shuttle between Elsternwick and South Yarra (requiring a change for
every second train at Elsternwick - easy since it's an island platform),
they could achieve a 20 min service, at least for Saturday daytime.

Ah well, we can only hope that Citylink has been paying the costs
involved with all these disruptions to train and tram services.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Custard Communications Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia