Re: Sandringham train cuts due to City Link

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Daniel Bowen wrote:
> Due to City Link works this weekend (Fri 26-Sun 28 Feb) not only will
> Sandringham line passengers need to change trains at South Yarra, but
> trains between South Yarra and Sandringham will be cut drastically:
>
> Time                          Normal freq.    This weekend
> -----                         ------------    ------------
> Friday night after 8pm          20 mins          45 mins
> Saturday daytime                20 mins          40 mins
> Saturday night                  20 mins          45 mins
> Sunday all day                  40 mins          45 mins
>
> If I used this line on weekends, I'd be on the phone to the Met and/or
> City Link right now to complain.

Agreed, those frequency times are pretty pathetic.  If I get
motivated to watch some trains this weekend, I will definately stay well
clear of the Sandy line.

Has anyone complained yet?
I bet I know what there response is:
"Bayside Trains apologises for any inconvenience caused."

Gareth