Re: Dumb Kweschun

>Almost.  The old line from Collinsville joins the North Coast Line at
>Merinda, but the new connection (when the Collinsville line was extended to
>Newlands), does leave the Collinsville-Newlands line at Pring, then joins
>the NCL at Durroburra.
>
>I don't know how much usage the old section of line from Pring to Merinda
>gets,
>AFAIK there are no general goods trains on the Collinsville branch, and
>coalies go by the new connection
>
>BTW, the line does cross over the Bruce Highway as it joins up with the
>NCL, maybe this is what you were thinking of?

Almost certainly.  I do have an image of an overbridge in my mind -
that can only be the one.  When I was there in 1993-4 or so, there was
a "little coalie" which came off the Collinsville line and headed
south along the NCL.  This was how the staff at Pring referred to the
train, which IIRC was hauled by GMs.  All the other coal trains which
ran to Abbot Point were hauled by GE 2600s.

Cheers...JD
John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html