Re: Dumb Kweschun

MattyQ <matticue@corplink.com.au> wrote in article
<36d679d3.0@news.bris.corplink.com.au>...

> John Dennis wrote in message <36d46d81.2312014@news.mpx.com.au>...
> >Also the line from Collinsville (?) to Abbot Point, north of Bowen,
> >crosses the main line on a flyover.
>

> Are you absolutely sure about that? Last time I checked, the line from
> Collinsville joined the North Coast Main line at Durroburra north of
> Merinda, then diverged to Abbott Point at Kaili.

Almost.  The old line from Collinsville joins the North Coast Line at
Merinda, but the new connection (when the Collinsville line was extended to
Newlands), does leave the Collinsville-Newlands line at Pring, then joins
the NCL at Durroburra.

I don't know how much usage the old section of line from Pring to Merinda
gets,
AFAIK there are no general goods trains on the Collinsville branch, and
coalies go by the new connection

BTW, the line does cross over the Bruce Highway as it joins up with the
NCL, maybe this is what you were thinking of?

John McCandless
johnmc@topend.com.au