Re: Life after death

: > Seeing as how we are currently in trivia mode, I thought I might pose
: > this question.
: >
: > What lines have been closed down, lifted and then reinstated after a
: > period of time? (I don't mean where there has been a replacement line
: > built to the same place on a different route such as the Gold Coast.)

: If you don't mind counting tram lines, Melbourne's Northcote via High
: Street and Nicholson Street cable tram lines were closed in 1940, served
: by buses for 15 years, then new electric tracks were laid in 1955-56 and
: the lines reopened to trams.

Can you add Bourke Streeet>

--
Chris Gordon