Re: Life after death

Barry Campbell wrote:

> Seeing as how we are currently in trivia mode, I thought I might pose
> this question.
>
> What lines have been closed down, lifted and then reinstated after a
> period of time? (I don't mean where there has been a replacement line
> built to the same place on a different route such as the Gold Coast.)

If you don't mind counting tram lines, Melbourne's Northcote via High
Street and Nicholson Street cable tram lines were closed in 1940, served
by buses for 15 years, then new electric tracks were laid in 1955-56 and
the lines reopened to trams.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

I remember the Ice Age. It was what they claimed was happening to the
weather before they invented Global Warming.