Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

Krel wrote:

> On 16 Feb 1999 02:20:31 GMT, markbau1@aol.comQQQQyuk (MarkBau1) wrote:
>
> ><<<<<<The last signal you see at a
> >station (the one that starts you into the section) is the Starter>>>>>>
> >
> >Styrictly speaking, in Victoria "starting signals" are only found on Double
> >Line Block.
> >
> Yes, but we were discussing Culcairn and Henty in NSW. In NSW any
> signal that starts you into a section is a starter.
>
> Cheers
>
> Krel
That's not quite right. Home Signals protect a risk, be it a crossover,
loop or level crossing whatever. So it is quite possble to have a Home
Starter where a Starter also protects a crossover or other risk.
eg A home Starter is used to protect the crossover for Bi-Directional
sections like Zig Zag to Edgecombe.

John Mac