Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

G'day,

MarkBau1 wrote:

> I believe all of the points on the loops between Ararat and Servi. are 65KPH.
> Around Melbourne you've got them at Oakleigh, Deer Park West Junction, Box Hill
> I think, there used to bo a couple between FSS and Richmond. Laverton and a few
> other places on the Geelong line have them too. I'm sure a current driver will
> complete the list.

There are 65km/h points at Newport South (which is, IMHO, the most genuinely stupid
track layout in the state - note there are many competitors for this honour - where
99% of moves in both directions goes through a needless 65km/h diverge).  I think
also the loop at points Laverton Jcn in the Altona line are 65km/h (there are
certainly "65" lights on the signals).

Cheers,
CH.
--