Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

: >I made up the 25 km/h speed, what is the real speed for normal points?
: >
: 40 km/h in Vic, 25 km/h in NSW. Standard 'high speed' points are 50
: km/h in NSW and 65 km/h in Vic. There are some faster points around
: but the are the exception.

Where are these faster points, I remeber that in Hawthorn there were points
just before the river when there was three lines to Camberwell and only two
over the river, ther were special high speed points and were very long.

--
Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord