Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

<<<<<<Where are these faster points, I remeber that in Hawthorn there were
points
just before the river when there was three lines to Camberwell and only two
over the river, ther were special high speed points and were very long.>>>>>>

I believe all of the points on the loops between Ararat and Servi. are 65KPH.
Around Melbourne you've got them at Oakleigh, Deer Park West Junction, Box Hill
I think, there used to bo a couple between FSS and Richmond. Laverton and a few
other places on the Geelong line have them too. I'm sure a current driver will
complete the list.

Mark
Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/