Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

MarkBau1 wrote in message <19990218000923.23269.00002847@ng116.aol.com>...
><<<<<<Where are these faster points, I remeber that in Hawthorn there were
>points
>just before the river when there was three lines to Camberwell and only two

>over the river, ther were special high speed points and were very
long.>>>>>>

>I believe all of the points on the loops between Ararat and Servi. are
65KPH.
>Around Melbourne you've got them at Oakleigh, Deer Park West Junction, Box
Hill
>I think, there used to bo a couple between FSS and Richmond. Laverton and a
few
>other places on the Geelong line have them too. I'm sure a current driver
will
>complete the list.

There are a set of high speed points west of Burnley that take you from the
inner Up line to the outer Up line (I don't know their proper road names).
When a route is set through these points, you get a top green (no route
indicator of any description). This is, of course, when I visited Burnley
signal box some 5 years ago. It may have changed since then.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland
matticue@hotmail.com