Re: Indian Pacific Crash

Running into a train has to be one of the most stupid things a road driver
can do. I can remember a friend of mine telling me about his brother who was
driving in the country, drove through a level crossing without stopping and
hit the side of a grain train during a night time driving trip. I had no
sympathy what so ever. The rail crossing said give way, but this fellow
didn't even slow down.

Ben Staples

Neil Waller wrote in message <36c1400c.0@news.esc.net.au>...
>Tonight's Channel 9 News (10th Feb) reported a level crossing collision
>between the IP and a
>rubbish truck at Two Wells.
>
>It was reported that THE TRAIN clipped the rubbish truck, and was
>illustrated with pictures.
>
>Now:   the damage to the train was to a car in the body of the train NOT to
>the locomotive so
>the truck hit the train not the other way around.   It couldn't be that
NWS9