Re: Indian Pacific Crash

Krel wrote in message <36c2bb76.2905557@news.netconnect.com.au>...

>The truck struck both loco and train. NR 109 damaged a couple of
>handrails and a little pilot damage. A carriage or two were slightly
>damaged. The loco was replaced by one LE ex ADL (NR4x) and the
>carriages were repaired at Two Wells before continuing.

The carriages were not replaced - there was a power van at the Sydney end of
the train at Platform 1 at Sydney Terminal today that had the signs of the
accident there. I did not see it as I walked on to the platofrm, and I asked
the crew what happened - they suggested I walk on to Platform 2 and have a
look.

It was also unusual that the power van was at the Sydney end.

DaveP