Re: Indian Pacific Crash

"Neil Waller" <waller@iweb.net.au> writes: > Tonight's Channel 9 News (10th Feb) reported a level crossing collision
> between the IP and a
> rubbish truck at Two Wells.
>
> It was reported that THE TRAIN clipped the rubbish truck, and was
> illustrated with pictures.

On the pictures we saw in Sydney on the Channel 9 late news, it
appeared that the truckie got impatient (or distracted) and rammed
his bullbar into a carriage towards the end of the consist. He may
have crept forward without realising it.

Incidentally, I've had the absurd experience in South Australia of being
told by the Chubb security patrol that I was standing too close to
a running line (about 2 metres), while standing on a public road
adjacent to a level crossing, which was unprotected by boom gates,
and had road markings permitting vehicles to stop about half a metre
from the loading gauge!

Cheers,

Paul Hogan