Re: NSW Railworkers: Why you should reject EBA99

>Jack,
>I'm afraid they unions are sellings us out on this one.  I will be voting
no.
>Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the voting will be done on a majority
of
>all staff, so all the office workers will vote yes and outnumber the people
who
>stand to lose most out of it.
>
>--
>David Johnson
>CityRail Guard

What a load of crap David. YOU for one are the Union along with every other
member. When was the last time you rung the Union or noted something on
paper to complain to them about something you weren't happy with???
Unfortunately most members would prefer to sit back, not get actively
involved but criticise the Union. I can tell you from experience it's a hard
at times making decisions on behalf of the membership when you get precious
little comment from anyone. You have a chance to vote this week like
everyone else but you watch what the turnout is- I'll be very surprised if
it is over 50% for train crew. The same applied for when Guards got their
last pay rise including the 2.5% to implement productivity improvements and
looked what they are faced with now. Out of around 800 Guards only 200
turned out to vote on it but the majority have still got the hide to whinge
about it.
I would suggest that you along with a lot more of your fellow members tell
your Union what you think so the Executive are in now doubt what the feeling
is out in the workplace.