Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

Rod wrote:

> I myself am appalled every time I get up the front in NSW as some Driver
> hurtles his Double Dekker at a signal Red over Yellow, she be right , Mate!
> We got real signals up here!!!!!

No such thing.  We can get Yellow over Red, which indicates Turnout, next signal
at stop.  At Glenfield, you could pass a yellow over red at 80 km/h without
undue stress.  It comes back to road knowledge.  A driver once told me he had a
Victorian spark driver up the front one day at Glenfield, and the visitor was
very worried as the train passed a Yellow over Uellow turnout indication at 80
km/h, still powering.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard