Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

>Sounds confusing as hell to me.  I put my vote with the NSW system - very
easy to
>read.  The top light tells you what to do at THAT signal.  If it is Red,
you stop.
>If it is Green, you go.  If it is Yellow, you turnout.  Simple, eh?   The
bottom
>light basically tells you what the top light will be on the next signal.
If it is
>Red, the top light of the next signal will be red.  If it is Green, the top
light
>of the next signal will be green.  All new SSI interlocking are being
fitted with a
>wonderful new system:  If the signal before a home has a bottom yellow, the
>will be a turnout.  All other signals with a bottom yellow means the next
signal
>will be a green over red.

David ,
it is only confusing to you because you dont use it. and anyway  why would
you say your system [NSW] was
simpler than Viccy?
Top Light Flat out
Medium Light Slowdown / Diverge
bottom Light proceed on to possibly occupied track!
top aspects logically progress from Green to Yellow to Red
middle [medium] aspects logically progress from green to yellow to Red
a  different Low Speed where provided is black or yellow!
You want to introduce a warning to reduce speed for a diverge, or you want a
pretend four speed system,
too easy....
make the top aspect Yellow  [next top aspect is Red]
make the medium aspect Green [next aspect is at least Yellow and can be
green]
We have Reduce to Medium!!

G/R  Y/G  R/G  G/R      for Diverging at 40 kph
G/R  Y/G  R/Y   R/R      To bring a train to a stand [perhaps at a station]
I myself am appalled every time I get up the front in NSW as some Driver
hurtles his Double Dekker at a signal Red over Yellow, she be right , Mate!
We got real signals up here!!!!!
Damn things can stop though! wish our's [sparks]could as well!
And anyway give me a shift out there and I would handle it like I do my own
system [Better hold my hand that first shift though!}
Rod :o)