Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

<<<<<<<<Sounds confusing as hell to me.  I put my vote with the NSW system -
very easy to
read.>>>>>>>>

Very easy for you to read because thats what you know. Likewise I was totally
confused for a while when I had a steer of a few trains around Sydney. Its just
what you get used to.

It must be stated however that many more railways around the world adopted the
Pennsy standard unlike the NSW system that is used in only one place in the
entire world, namely NSW.

NSW basically took two position signal aspects and made them into lights, in a
way you could say NSW still runs two position signals although the comparison
is not exact.

<<<<<<It is far easier
to understand than Victoria or USA signalling.>>>>>>

And any driver in Vic or SA or the USA would say the exact opposite! Who's to
say who is right?

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/