Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

MarkBau1 wrote in message <19990211035630.03408.00000320@ng32.aol.com>...
>The whole mess could be resolved by simply going back to the way Vic 3 pos.
>signals were supposed to work in the first place.
>
>Top light for the straight road, bottom light for the divering road.
> So, at our Western line CTC loops we'd simply get a Y/G at the last auto
>before the loop, (have to make sure it was far enough away from the loop)
and a
>R/Y on the home arrival.
>
>If on the straight you'd get a Y/R on the auto and another Y/R on the home
>arrival. (In most cases it would not do to go from G/R on the auto to a top
>yellow on the arrival due to braking distances.

How does it make any sense to see a GREEN light if the loop points are set
for the DIVERGING road, and a RED light if they're set for the straight!!!
Or, have I misinterpreted your message???
(Never did understand why a RED light should EVER be displayed at a signal
whose meaning is "PROCEED AT FULL LINE SPEED"!!!! (I'm from NSW)