Re: Crossing loop design (r.e. Southern Aurora crash)

<<<<<<<<How does it make any sense to see a GREEN light if the loop points are
set
for the DIVERGING road, and a RED light if they're set for the straight!!!
Or, have I misinterpreted your message???
(Never did understand why a RED light should EVER be displayed at a signal
whose meaning is "PROCEED AT FULL LINE SPEED"!!!! (I'm from NSW)>>>>>>

You have to remember that the top light tells you that the train can travel at
"normal speed"
the bottom light tells you the train must travel at "medium speed"

If a signal is G/R it tells you that you are on "top lights" as far as your
concerned the bottom light doesn't exist, its red, its saying, "you are not
travelling on bottom lights" Same thing with R/G, the top red is saying, you
are getting medium speed lights, ignore me, look at the bottom light.

Y/G "reduce to medium" is the aspect that takes you from top lights to bottom
lights. It means its ok to pass THIS signal at normal speed but you must be
down to medium speed by the next signal.

In effect, you are either running on top lights or bottom lights, normal speed
or medium speed.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/