Re: A new Era Starts For Victoria's Railways

>START QUOTE
>
> I thought I could pass this on to you if you want to do anything with
>it.
>
>The hot money is definitely on Freight Victoria being the successful
>bidder (Rail America./ Macquarie Bank/ Goninan/ Fluor Daniel) with the
>bidding clearly down to two Freight Victoria and ATN and Freight
>Victoria's Marinus van Onslen being reported as in meetings all day.
>ASR and RDC are definitely out of the race.
>
>An announcement on Monday seems likely at the moment, but of course
>things can change and it may yet be ATN.
>
>END QUOTE
>
>My contact doesn't subscribe to aus.rail so wouldn't have read Rod's
>post earlier today.
>
>Is anyone running a book <vbg!>
>

>Regards
>
>Yuri
>--
Hi !
      I know for a fact that Freight Victoria put in a higher Tender for
V/Line, and they are reported to have upgraded their offer [for fear that
Wiscon would try to beat them, after the Western Line Upgrade business]
But Mark Reardon is offering a "Fair Price" and can back his spending
Guarantees with  Credit Reserves,
and the score on the board, as attested in N.Z. and Tasrail.
      Victoria may be better off with Wiscon! I may be better off with
Freight Victoria! as they appear to be more "intra" interested, and that
should see Wodonga grow into the biggest  Freight Hub in Victoria. I think
Wiscon, will try for Interstate work, and will be based firmly in Melbourne.
       Will Wiscon, if they lose Victoria, be the people to buy N.R?
Rod :o)
ps  thanks for the many personal E mails, I have been very busy these last
few days trying to make sure I still have "earnings" after V/Line and
working 2230 starts as well, unless I crash this thing again, I will answer
as soon as I can.