Re: V/Line pass. paint scheme question.

G'day,

MarkBau1 wrote:

> <<<<<<<<visibilty is poor compared to orange,>>>>>>>>>>
>
> I've never understood why paint schemes on loco's have to be "visible" that's
> what headlights are for!

Headlights are fine if you're driving a train coming the other way (ie, looking
directly into the light), but if you're a typical motorist approaching an
unprotected level crossing, at 90 degree angle (hence don't see headlight), with
windows up and stereo on (hence don't hear the train coming), you need all the
help you can get!  Hence many of Victoria's freight wagon fleet (and also some
locos) have been fitted with reflective strips on the sides.

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber