Re: It's Academic

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> Question 1:  What do the following stations have in common?
>                 Kromelite
>                 Bombala
>                 Crowes
>                 Hobart
>                 Wallangarra
>                 Albany

Southern most stations on their respective systems.

> Question 3:  What do the following stations have in common?
>                 Werris Creek
>                 Footscray
>                 Mangalore
>                 Western Junction
>                 Blacktown  [I'm not so sure about this one]

Stations with 'V' shaped platforms inside junction.

> Question 4:  What do the following stations have in common?
>                 Mount Barker Junction
>                 Dunolly
>                 Pinnaroo
>                 Tailem Bend

One could arrive at any on a Broad Guage train, and depart on a SG train
(although not strictly correct now, as State Border - Pinarroo BG is closed
I think)

> Question 5:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
>                 Adelaide Terminal
>                 Currambine
>                 Robina
>                 Olympic Park
>                 Merinda Park

Not too sure (all located adjacent to a park??)

> Question 6:  What do the following passenger stations have in common?
>                 Orange
>                 Townsville
>                 Bendigo

Again not too sure (all been burnt down at some stage??)

> Question 7:  What do the following stations have in common?
>                 Maldon
>                 Sale
>                 Winton
>                 Launceston
>                 St Kilda

Trains required to reverse before proceding further down the line.  You can
add Daylesford to the list.

> Question 11:  What do the following stations have in common?
>
>                 Clayfield
>                 Ascot
>                 Circular Quay
>                 Kogarah
>                 Mont Albert
>                 Footscray
>                 Claremont
>                 Welshpool
>                 East Perth
>                 Fremantle
>                 Ashfield
>                 Eaglehawk
>                 Golden Square
>                 Moonee Ponds
>                 Glen Iris
>                 Glenorchy
>                 Kalgoorlie
>                 Boulder
>                 North Geelong
>                 (and more)

I reckon this one might be that all once had TRAMS adjacent to the station.

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber