Re: V/Line pass. paint scheme question.

<<<<<<<<<Headlights are fine if you're driving a train coming the other way
(ie, looking
directly into the light), but if you're a typical motorist approaching an
unprotected level crossing, at 90 degree angle (hence don't see headlight),
with
windows up and stereo on (hence don't hear the train coming), you need all the
help you can get!  Hence many of Victoria's freight wagon fleet (and also some
locos) have been fitted with reflective strips on the sides.>>>>>>>

Sorry but I don't think its the railways responsibility. Its VicRoads job to
make roads safe, its the railways job to make trains safe. If a motorist can'e
see a boom gate or a flashing light or crossbucks that's his problem.

BTW, what is an unprotected crossing? I know of no public crossing in Victoria
that is not protected at least by crossbucks and prominent painting on the road
in advance of the crossing.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/