Re: A new Era Starts For Victoria's Railways

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:37:27 +1100, "David Proctor"
<daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote:

>Michael Roebuck wrote in message <36c7d36c.10079072@news.datacomm.ch>...
>
>>>Agreed - they might even turn things around. The first thing they did in
>the
>>>UK was buy 250 new locos!
>>>
>>and the second was to discard 15?% of their staff, so that they can
>>afford to pay for them!
>
>But when you are combining five companies (LoadHaul, Mainline, Cant think of
>the third, res and RfD) into one, then you are bound to be overstaffed.
>
>DaveP

except that all these component companies had already downsized after
they were split from BR. I know - my job was one of those cut out!

regards

Mike Roebuck, Basel, Switzerland  icq#7018252
SPAMTRAP: I don't mend shoes - remove the trade name when replying by E-Mail

"Just another Town, another Train, nothing lost and nothing gained
 Guess I will spend my life on railway stations"  (Andersson/Ulvaeus)