Re: A new Era Starts For Victoria's Railways

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:37:30 +1100, "David Proctor"
<daproc@spam_this.umpires.com> wrote:

>MarkBau1 wrote in message <19990211020323.11527.00000284@ng-ba1.aol.com>...
>
>>I know that here in the US WC have shown themselves to be quite railfan
>>friendly, much more so than practically any other US road. They have also
>run
>>various prerserved loco's on their tracks.
>
>Also in the UK - they have stated that the first Class 37 will be donated to
>the National Railway Museum when it is retired in 2 years time. EWS will
>also become the Corporate Sponsor of the NRM.

agreed

>>I think V/Line could do a lot worse than being brought by WC!
>
>Agreed - they might even turn things around. The first thing they did in the
>UK was buy 250 new locos!

and the second was to discard 15?% of their staff, so that they can
afford to pay for them!

>DaveP

regards

Mike Roebuck, Basel, Switzerland  icq#7018252
SPAMTRAP: I don't mend shoes - remove the trade name when replying by E-Mail

"Just another Town, another Train, nothing lost and nothing gained
 Guess I will spend my life on railway stations"  (Andersson/Ulvaeus)