Re: A new Era Starts For Victoria's Railways

MarkBau1 wrote in message <19990211020323.11527.00000284@ng-ba1.aol.com>...

>I know that here in the US WC have shown themselves to be quite railfan
>friendly, much more so than practically any other US road. They have also
run
>various prerserved loco's on their tracks.

Also in the UK - they have stated that the first Class 37 will be donated to
the National Railway Museum when it is retired in 2 years time. EWS will
also become the Corporate Sponsor of the NRM.

>I think V/Line could do a lot worse than being brought by WC!

Agreed - they might even turn things around. The first thing they did in the
UK was buy 250 new locos!

DaveP