Re: Cooma cessation

On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 02:24:25 GMT, nswsrca@ozemail.com.au wrote:

>The last regular passenger service on the Queanbeyan-Cooma line
>operated on 26/11/1988.

No one told the booking people in Sydney about this cessation of service
for some months. I was one of the lucky taxi drivers to take on to Cooma, a
passenger booked on this non-existant service.

I remember the SM at the time saying something like "I don't know why they
keep doing this, it's costing them heaps".  Left me with the impression
that there was a lack of communications in the NSWGR.

--
Owen