Re: Suggested Australian train journeys during a 3-week vacation?

Bjorn P. Munch wrote in message <36B97AC3.41AE459F@clustra.no>...
gordon wrote:

A few train questions before I book:

- The Indian Pacific from Kalgoorlie to Perth is at night.  Is it
  worth the trouble getting off and taking The Prospector the next
  morning?  In other words: is this part interesting enough that I
  should take it in daylight?  At the cost of some time in Perth...

I have been the other way during daylight (Indian Pacific in December -
Perth - Sydney) and it seems interesting enough.

- The Overland from Adelaide to Melbourne is at night, and might be
  practical.  Bu there also a day train: the V/Line Daylink.  Is this
  recommended (worth spending a day for)?

Under NO circumstances - this is actually a rail/bus co-ordinated service -
you would be getting a BUS to Bendigo, and then travelling the last two
hours into Melbourne by train - get the Overland or the Ghan from Adelaide
to Melbourne!

DaveP