Re: "lost" trains

David Johnson wrote:

> Roy the Boy wrote:
>
> > Sand on the rail had absolutely nothing to do with the accident between 3801
> > and an intercity. A 200 tonne loco does NOT  loose contact with the rails.
> > The findings of the investigation were a white wash. Any admission of signal
> > problems would have opened the SRA to huge legal liabilities.
>
> You do not know what you are talking about.  Sand has been proven to insulate
> trains from the track circuits, including 110 tonne locomotives.  Yes, sand was
> the reason that 3801 was isolated from the track circuits.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/

Gotta back you up on this one David,   But yes, more does meet the eye on the Cowan
bank incident, but all I can say without getting into a fight is that sand was a
contributing factor, and a few other things came into play. I have personally
witnessed a loco disappearing of a track circuit.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis