Re: SPI announcement sound files

I've got Win95 on a 486 (!!!) , and i can run it for the entire day with
ie5, Win Explorer, Word and a heap of other small-time stuff for the entire
day. I only get illegal ops/gen. protect error/page faults once or twice a
year.

BTW though, i have had illegal ops/GPEs/PFs atleast 6 times a session
recently (it is rectified now), but that was because i transferred the 20mb
swapfile onto a corrupted and bad-sector-ridden second hard disk!

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in article
<83p790$4j7$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
> Yes but Win95/98 has a tendency of having a very short uptime of around 2
> hrs. You try using Win9x for over 2 hrs (ie open Word, do a bit of word
> processing, then go online etc etc and then go back to word processing) I
> bet you Windows NT would last much longer.
>
> And security as well. You can't really use Windows NT without a real
> username and password. Win95/98 is false security. anyone can bypass
THAT!