Re: Operating Systems - OT (was: SPI announcement sound files)

"James Brook" <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
386050DD.83E07905@ozemail.com.au">news:386050DD.83E07905@ozemail.com.au...
> I think it depends on what release you have of Win95 or 98. I have a P133
with
> Win95A and my latest computer is a PII400 with Win95B. The Win95A release
> crashes all the time, but Win95B is much more stable. One of my friends
also
> uses Win95B and he thinks the same as I do about it. Never get a Microsoft
> operating system when it first comes out, they are always buggy and they
always
> crash. I think it is better to wait until another release is made. I don't
> leave my computer on for more than a day so I can't compare it to what you
are
> doing but I know I have less problems with Win95B.

It also makes a difference if you have all the patches, part of my job is
keeping up to date with patches for different versions. Currently the number
of patches that we install is as follows:

Win95A           - 19
Win95B           - 11
Win98              -   8
Win98SE         -   3