Re: SPI announcement sound files

>Get yr tape recorder, ask the station staff if you can plug it into the
>computer and get them to "preview" each announcement while you record.

A bit hard to do sometimes, as in some stations the DVA computer is in the same
area as the ticket window - I can't imagine many staff letting a stranger in
there.

Pick the right station at the right time and you can get OK quality by simply
recording from the platform speakers.

Many of us would love to get a copy of the program to design and play these
announcements, but that is very unlikely. (Does anyone have any technical
details of the program - is it Windows 95/98 etc..)

In the mean time, you can find some announcements on the net at
http://members.xoom.com/railwavs/