Re: Xmas Greeting AND belated Hanukkah!!

"Brown Family" <pcc@ocean.com.au> wrote in message
385f28b5.17891396@news.ocean.com.au">news:385f28b5.17891396@news.ocean.com.au...
> BTW, did you ever ride the Kooloonong postal motor? If you did, what
> did you think of it?
>
> I kinda get glassy-eyed when I see T345 at Dynon. Did
> Beechworth/Bright with that loco in 1968.........
>
> Bwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! - I wanna be a kid
> again...................(sniff)
>
> Les Brown
Hi Les
No I missed the postal motor,but I think I have the clipping out of the
Herald or Sun about its impending demise.
My first fourteen day Melbourne to All Stations,First class concession no732
issued at the GTB was from the 10 Jan 1971,I came a little after you me
thinks but I sure had to work hard to do alot of lines before they shut up
for good.
For instance rode the Rail car to Cohuna,hitched in the dark to Kerang,slept
in the waiting room,walked to Koondrook in the morn,hitched across to
Moulamein,rode the mixed with Derm attached to Balranald,slept under the
goods shed due to narky driver refusing request for bed on board and make
sure you get up to catch the 530am departure back to Melbourne.:-( No wonder
I didn't smell so good when I eventually got home from some of  these little
excursions <g!>
By the way Mum & Dad had no idea at the time that I was doing these little
side trips but to me it was like my search for the Holy Grail and a
realisation that if I didn't do it then in all its fading glory it would be
too late.
Ah such is life (sniff sniff)
Your shout Les
Graeme