Re: Return of Its Academic!

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> Ok, time to summarise the results so far:
>
> There are two questions which nobody's got yet:

> > Q7.  Marinna, Kundabung, Ivanhoe, Kiata

This one is a guess. They are locations where the crossing loop is not
at the same location
as the station.

> > Q9.  Olympic Park, Brighton, Glanville.

> Perhaps clues are in order:
> In Q7, the Ivanhoe is in NSW (not Vic).
> In Q9 the linking property still exists to this day at Olympic Park and
> Brighton, but has not applied to Glanville for about 20 years.

They all have a track with platforms on both sides.

> > Q8.  Sydney Central, Spencer Street, Perth, South Geelong, Grange, Richmond
> > (Vic), Park Road, Subiaco, Royal Park.
> These are all railheads for AFL football grounds. (I could have added Glen
> Waverley, Nunawading, Clayton and Victoria Park until this year).

I would not agree with Perth in this case. Claisebrook is closer to the
WACA although there
is no PT connection. West Leederville is actually closer to Subiaco Oval
than Subiaco.

John McCallum