Re: [Vic] Tram & Pedestrian Accident Today

Hook turns are the best thing since sliced bread!
They should be introduced at more intersections outside the CBD - like
Gertrude/Brunswick St, Chapel St/Toorak Rd, etc

Otherwise people sit on the tram tracks to turn right (even though its
actually illegal to do so at most intersections, police are generally
either unaware of this or unwilling to enforce it and even tram drivers
have either given up on ringing bells to insist on their priority or
else aren't aware of it either).

In article <83l8j3$ft0$1@news1.mpx.com.au>,
  "Andrew" <atailby@mpx.com.au> wrote:
> oh well they wont look down there just as bad as a right hand turn
from left
> hand lane it can only happen south of the boarder in mexico
> andrew
> Andy B <andb@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> 83l502$b58$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:83l502$b58$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> > G'evening all,
> >
> > Bludging away at work today, and witnessed a lady bolt across
Elizabeth St
> > obviously not watching for any trams.
> >
> > Z3.116 collected her and threw her several metres down the road.
> Ambulance
> > and police attended, as did a PTC emergency vehicle.
> >
> > From what I gather, the lady was in shock, and was taken to
hospital with
> > minor injuries. The driver of the tram, an indian woman, was
extremely
> upset
> > and went into shock herself (understandble...). It appeared she was
taken
> > back to the depot by the emergency vehicle.
> >
> > The tram was changed to `SPECIAL' and was taken back to the depot.
> >

> > Andy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.