Re: Safeworking Rules.

Maurie Daly <mauried@commslab.gov.au> wrote in message
mauried.386.385CA8CE@commslab.gov.au">news:mauried.386.385CA8CE@commslab.gov.au...

> No I dont want them all , but a sample might be useful.
> For example are they worded in vague subjective terminology that means
> differant things to differant people,or is there a list of defined
procedures
> hung un the wall of the signal box  which says something like

> Before a proceed order may be issued to a driver to pass signal XXX at
stop
> the following procedures MUST be followed.

> 1/ If it is beleived that signal XXX has failed , a qualified fitter MUST
> examine the signal, interlocking equipment, motor points if any and
> provide a written signed report confirming that the signal has failed.

What if it's 0300 and the nearest fitter is fast asleep 100 kms away?

There is little risk if a signal has failed for whatever reason, for the
driver to inspect/operate the points, and then for the driver to receive
whatever authority to pass the signal at stop from the Controller/Signaller.
It happens alot.

Anyway, if you must see *a* set of rules, then:

http://www.dotrs.gov.au/atc/railcode/ops.htm

but I believe they are in places *very* different to what NSW & Vic
currently do.

P.S. What's a Proceed Order? |-) |-)

--
Mr Notagunzel.