Re "Super" R class R711

I have just ridden behind R711 and R766 to Ballarat on 20/12/99. Well done
WCR.
The exhaust blast of R711 is certainly much louder than R766's.
Can anyone tell me if the new draughting setup would also work with coal
fired locos. Has anyone written any technical stuff on the changes to the
loco - on the internet?
It was interesting that R766 arrived at Ballarat with an empty tender. How
does the range between refuelling of the oily R compare with the coal fired
R? Of course the extra water capacity of R711 would also help give extra
range between stops.
Lastly, the coal fired R's with automatic stoker emit large quantities of
cinders which must be a little wasteful of fuel. Is this a characteristic of
all mechanical stokered lococs or is it specific to the R's. I don;t
remember any complaints about the NSWGR's 57 class (not that I had the
pleasure of ever riding behind one!)
Roger Lloyd